To obtain a copy of your DUI or criminal incident police report you can make your request in person or by mail to the following address (requests are not accepted by telephone, fax or electronically):
Gilbert Police Dept., Records Section
75 E. Civic Center Drive
Gilbert, AZ 85296
Fast Facts about Requesting your DUI or Criminal Incident Police Report
- A copy of the Gilbert Police “Public Records Request Form” in PDF format can be downloaded to complete or printed. It can be found at is official website: gilbertaz.gov/police/records.
- Provide as much information as possible on your request about the incident including; Police Report number (if known), date, time, location, nature of incident, name and address of the person charged.
- Official website lists hours of operation currently as 7:00 am to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Closed for observance of Gilbert, AZ city holidays.
- The costs of the Gilbert Police Report Requests are $5.00 for up to 30 pages; and .25 cents thereafter. (Most incident reports will not exceed 30 pages.) Checks should be made payable to the Town of Gilbert.
- Reports generally are ready for release within 10 days to two weeks. After that, you can either submit your request or contact the records unit to see if it is available for release.
- If the incident is still under investigation, you may still request your report, however, it will not be released until the investigation has been completed.
- For additional information you can call Records at (480) 635-7020.
Gilbert DUI Lawyer
If you have active DUI or criminal charges in Gilbert AZ, you should contact a qualified criminal defense attorney who defends charges in Gilbert AZ to discuss your matter. If retained, your DUI lawyer will usually obtain the police report for you. In addition, they will request all other information including #911 transcripts, videos, photos, prints or anything else available that pertains to your incident. As soon as you obtain copy, you should review the incident report carefully, and inform your attorney immediately if you notice inaccuracies on your incident report.
The Law Office of James Novak is a private practice DUI & criminal defense firm. It is not affiliated with the Scottsdale Police Department. This information has been obtained from public information available on the web and is for general informational purposes only.
If you “Like” this article please let us know! Feel Free to subscribe and “Share”!
Law Office of James Novak
4500 S. Lakeshore Drive
Tempe AZ 85282