To obtain a copy of your Scottsdale DUI or criminal incident police report contact the Scottsdale Public Safety Records Department. You can mail your request and required payment for the police report to the following address:
Scottsdale Public Safety Records Dept.
8401 E. Indian School Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Scottsdale Police Reports for DUI or criminal incidents may be made in writing; by mail; or in person. Electronic, telephone, or fax Police Report requests are not accepted.
Fast Facts about Requesting your DUI or Criminal Incident Police Report
- If you choose to make your request or pick up your report in person, the Records Department is located on the East side of the Police and Fire Department Headquarters (in the Lou Witzeman Public Safety Building).
- A copy of the Scottsdale Police Report Request form “Report Request Form” is available at the official website: scottsdaleaz.gov/Police/about/adminbureau/records.
- Provide as much information as possible on your request about the incident including; Police Report number (if known), date and location of the incident, name and address of the person charged.
- For other questions contact the Public Safety Records Dept. at (480) 312-1999.
- Official website lists hours of operation currently as 8:00 am to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Closed for observance of Scottsdale city holidays.
- The costs of the Scottsdale Police Report Requests are $5.00 per report for the first 30 pages; and .25 thereafter for additional pages. (Most reports do not exceed 30 pages). Cash, checks and money orders are accepted. Make checks or money orders payable to , the City of Scottsdale.
- Reports generally are ready for release within 10 days to two weeks. After that, you can either submit your request or contact the records unit to see if it is available for release.
- If the incident is still under investigation, you may still request your report, however, it will not be released until the investigation has been completed.
Scottsdale DUI Lawyer
If you face active DUI or criminal charges in Scottsdale AZ, you should consult an experienced DUI lawyer who defends DUI charges in Scottsdale AZ regarding your matter. If you retain a criminal defense lawyer for your DUI or criminal charges, they will usually obtain the police report for you from the prosecution. They will obtain all information from the incident including #911 transcripts, surveillance videos, photos and other information available. You attorney will request that you review it when received. You should carefully review it for accuracy. Inform your attorney immediately if there is incorrect information on in the report regarding the incident or inaccurate details included in the report.
The Law Office of James Novak is a private practice DUI & criminal defense firm. It is not affiliated with the Scottsdale Police Department. This information has been obtained from public information available on the web and is for general informational purposes only.