“Attorney Ratings and Reviews should be considered as one factor, but not the only factor, to help you find the best attorney.”
- Licensed Arizona Criminal Defense Lawyer – Make sure they are licensed in Arizona for criminal defense, and defend Mesa Arizona DUI & criminal charges frequently. You can contact the Maricopa County Bar, or the Arizona State Bar for more information. Using a general attorney or a lawyer who practices in multiple areas of law is not recommended for DUI and criminal charges. Arizona DUI and criminal law and legislation are complex; strict, and constantly changing, you will need to hire someone who does it day in and day out.
- Attorney Ratings & Reviews – You can find just about anything you want to know about an attorney before hiring them. Valuable resources include attorney rating and reviews on the internet; including search engine; attorney rating and review websites; and ratings or reviews posted on attorney profiles throughout the web; and the various social networks. Reviews are important, but should be just one of many factors. There is one thing to keep in mind about attorney reviews: Understandably if someone has been represented for DUI or criminal charges, they may not be enthusiastic about posting a review. Many review and rating sites require the reviewer to create a profile that can be tracked back to them. They may not want an employer or others to know they had been charged with DUI or other crime. So you will find fewer reviews on Attorney services in contrast to say a restaurant or coffee shop.
- Previous Client Referrals – One of the best ways to find a DUI or criminal attorney is to get a referral from someone you trust that has retained them in the past. You will get reliable first had information on the quality of their services. History usually repeats itself when it comes to the value of service you can expect to receive.
- Former Prosecutors – You can usually count on Former Prosecutors being strong DUI & criminal defense attorneys. They have a vast amount of trial and litigation experience. Further they know what can and can’t be done when it comes to negotiations and getting you the most favorable outcome in your case.
- Training Education & Experience – Make sure the attorney has a lot of experience defending the types of charges you are facing. For example if you face burglary or assault charges, you want to make sure they have superior knowledge and experience defending these types of charges. Education is important, but not the most important. For example, you may find a graduate of a high profile law school that has spent very little time in the court room. There is no substitute for extensive proven litigation experience.
- Communication & Accessibility – Make sure your attorney will be accessible to answer any questions or concerns you have throughout the case stages. The best DUI and criminal defense trial lawyers, aren’t just capable of presenting strong arguments, they are extremely keen listeners. You will be working with them as part of a team. Communication and a comfort level between you and your attorney is an important key to a successful defense.
- Affordable Attorney Fees – The same concept as with Attorney Ratings and Reviews applies. Make sure you consider more than just price. You want to be sure you are paying a competitive price, but not necessarily the lowest or the highest either. Price is not a reflection on the effectiveness of an attorney. There are no governing entities that limit pricing of criminal defense attorney fees. You may have to get several quotes. But when you call around, make sure you find out what services are included in that cost as well as all the factors above.
Criminal Defense Firms Mesa, AZ
Choosing a criminal defense attorney is a very important decision. It can make a significant impact on the outcome of your case. Considering all of the factors above will help you make an educated and well informed choice. A little time is all that is needed. It will be time well spent toward preserving your future and freedom.